Sunday, April 18, 2010

EXHIBITION IN THE COOKING

With kind encourgement of HE Vara-poj and Khun Pasherin, I would have my first exhibition in a green house on the upper deck of their English cafe and tea room called Cassia on Sukhumvit 31, not far from PM's residence!
Supa and I went for an initial discussion on 5 Mar, the place is rather small, currently housing some 6 tables with an out door terrace for another 2 tables, good for a small start.


The idea of the exhibition was first casually brought up in the Facebook network not long ago. I was really excited since it is my first one-man exhibition. However, I later on develop the idea of being just an art exhibition into something more meaningful, as far as I am concerned. Since I am not actually an artist, I see the exhibition as an opportunity to introduce my interest in sketching. The idea seems to get on well with Khun Vara-poj, so, we went ahead.
The Cassia cafe and tea room is such a lovely place, homely and delicious all at once, not the least as a place to hang around and to be seen. It is also very central at 300 meter from Sukhumvit Road.
The exhibition area on the upper fully air-con green house is bright, light and, you know what I realised later, one kind of a gallery unlike any in the wall! It is the only full height GLASS wall gallery! where you will appreciate the leafy shade of nature all around you.

More on my first exhibition soon, on other activity and problems. How shall I hang my paintings on glass wall, how do I display those sketchbooks, etc, since none of us have such experience, it's not only that it is my first exhibition but also that we have never seen one before in Bangkok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment